The past 30years, FOODLine Co. has developed a particular Natural Yeast applied in all long self-life bread products. Throughout these years, we keep evolving and improving this N.Y., while making essential adjustments depending the individual needs and requirements of each and every project.
WHAT IS FOODLIne’s NATURAL YEAST..? (Lievito Madre or Levain)
Specific strains of wild yeasts which were selected and isolated under safe and modern procedure with state of the art equipment, obtained from the Greek flora which is rich in aromatics and herbs.
It contains in majority a number of wild yeasts like Saccharomyces Exiguus, Saccharomyces Candida Krusei or Milleri and smaller population of lactobacillus like Saccharomyces Brevis and Saccharomyces Plantarum.
BENEFITS in BREAD PRODUCTS
- Contributes to extent the self life up to 1 year
- Higher efficiency per batch
- Excellent aromatics
- Reducing yeast content (usage amount is decreased)
- Improves the rheological characteristics of dough, consequently machinability is significantly improved (decreasing elasticity, increasing extensibility)
- Filled Croissant, long shelf -life (in combination with other ingredients and parameters may achieve with safety 1 year self life)
- Bread toast long shelf-life (without 2nd pasteurization process), up to 2 months
- Bread toast E-free with shelf life 1 month (without E preservatives and ingredients)
- Bread products replacing yeast with natural yeast
- Brioche – patté, strudel with self life 1 year (fillings were developed from Foodline)
- 5 – 15% on flour for bread products, with low fermentation time (60 – 120 minutes)
- 20 – 50% on flour applying sponge and dough method with higher fermentation time (more than 4 hours)
HANDLING – REGENERATION
Part of natural yeast is used for regeneration with flour and water. Then, under easily – applied hydrometric condition, pH is able to meet the required value.
It can be stored in chiller for at least a week.